Engelberg (and Lucerne), Switzerland

Guten Tag, y’all! I arrived in Zurich, Switzerland on Friday morning. The coach bus stopped at a rest stop for lunch, where I tried Swiss pizza and paid a Swiss Franc to use the bathroom there. Later that day, in Engelberg, I rode in a cable car up Mt. Brunni for dinner, mac and cheese with applesauce, which was surprisingly good. There was also a playground there with a trampoline (which you’ve seen if you follow @boisterous_siesta on Instagram). I took a lot of pictures that day (which you’ve seen if you follow @tranquil__fiesta on Instagram) and went shopping. I got a sticker that says Engelberg, and I decided to get one of those in every city I go to. That night, I got to catch up on sleep and test out the famous European comforters that the directors have been telling us about. Yesterday, I watched a show on CBBC (British channel) called “Raven”, which I recommend you watch (there are a lot of episodes on YouTube). Then I bought an apple for 4.20 Swiss Francs (1 franc is about 1 dollar). I paid 7 Swiss Francs for water with my lunch in Lucerne and I visited a lot of shops with some new friends. Yesterday  evening, we had a concert in the small park across from our hotel. A lot of people came to watch and they seemed to really enjoy it. I got to practice my job as librarian for the string ensemble (collecting everyone’s folder at the end) and watch old couples dance to a jazz song, which was nice. It was late by the time I got back to my room, but my roommates and I decided to sing “Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You”, which has been stuck in our heads for almost the whole trip so far. I didn’t get to bed until late last night, so I was pretty tired when we got up to travel to the medieval town of Zug this morning (more on the next post). See y’all later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Morning at Home